Cabot Credit Union was officially chartered on June 6, 1931 after successfully completing the filing process with the Department of Banking.
On February 1, 1956, Cabot Credit Union changed our name to Cabot Employees Credit Union to better reflect the membership of the time. When Cabot Machinery Division was sold to Ingersoll Rand Oilfield Products, membership was made available to Ingersoll Rand employees beginning on September 11, 1980. By December 18, 1985, the credit union once again changed our name to support the select employer groups becoming Cabot & IRI Employees Credit Union.
Keeping pace with the many changes in our select employer groups, today we are known as Cabot & NOI Employees Credit Union. in 2012, Cabot & NOI Employees Credit Union was granted a community charter that allows us to provide service to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school within a 10-mile radius of the credit union building.
Building on the foundation of our strong past, we look forward to serving our members into the future.
The Credit Union membership is open to all subsidiaries of Cabot Corporation, Cabot Oil & Gas, National Oil well and National Oil well Varco. Other select employer groups are: Hunting-Titan; Ford Family Health Care; Fluid Compressors; Midwest Compressors; Thurmond-McGlothlin; Engine Parts & Supply; Willis Mfg.; Pampa Regional Medical Center and Briarwood Church.